Why should my puppy do a course?
After leaving the litter puppies are in need of a lot more puppy life lessons before they turn 18 weeks of age. Puppy classes are not just socialisation groups. Puppies need to learn about boundaries related to toileting, biting, jumping, toys and playing, food and feeding.
We specialise in puppy training in Newcastle, puppy training in Port Stephens, puppy training in the Hunter and puppy training in Maitland.
During a 4-week course puppies and their humans will learn about:
- Basic obedience
- Food and resource guarding
- Bite inhibition
- Recall with distractions
- When to play and when to settle
- Keeping discipline positive
- Desensitisation to handling and new sounds and sights
- Anti-jumping techniques
- Appropriate socialisation and play behaviours
We have Puppy School Classes in Motto Farm, Salamander Bay, Morpeth, Belmont, Mayfield, Shoal Bay and Georgetown.
It’s important to note that classes will have numbers limited to between 4 and 10 puppies, depending on the location. You need to attend all 4 weeks and that is why the calendar only starts the starting day for each course. If you need to start on a different date or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 0459 574 428 and we will help you find the perfect course dates!
These dates will be confirmed when we reach a minimum enrollment of 4 for any one class. If not, the class may be postponed by a week. We will call you if this is the case, so be sure to give us your contact number.
Dear Julie, We just want to thank you again. Danielle, Laylah (16 week old border collie) and myself learnt so much at puppy preschool. We now have a disciplined dog (almost) and some very fond memories of our time at puppy preschool.
You are a true professional and should be congratulated on your skills and enthusiasm!
- Kay Houston
PUPPY CLASSES NOW ONLINE DUE TO THE COVID-19 CRISIS
Classes are conducted live with our behavioural trainers.
- Hear vital information about what puppies need developmentally and behaviourally.
- Watch demonstrations of hands-on techniques.
- Practise under the watchful eye of a trainer and receive immediate feedback.
- Ask questions related to their own issues with their puppy.
- Record the session so they can review and practise later.
- Receive detailed emails containing our unique notes and resources.
Your investment is only $180 per puppy.
Please note: your puppy MUST be under 18 weeks of age on the starting date of class. If your puppy is older, please enroll in the Good Manners Course.
Wednesday October 6, 5:30pm | Online BOOK COURSE NOW
Saturday October 16, 6:00pm | Online BOOK COURSE NOW